Friday, October 12, 2012

Your Down to earth say it like it is Mom

I have read a lot of blogs lately trying to feel better about myself and the struggles I go through as a Mom. There are a lot of amazing blogs out there. Some very organized women and their lives just seem so in order and great. Which led me to wonder how do they do it????? All of it?

I have been married now for 22 years... I started with 5 kids...*not started but had five* and then we added to our family and adopted three more *virtually starting all over again* and even today, I am still trying to organize things, figure things out in parenting, still trying to create a home of love and refuge.

One Moms blog *which was an amazing blog* was called a Virtuous Mom. I thought wow... I don't feel worthy of that title. I think of some very well spoken, well dressed and well educated women when I think of a title like that. Women of FAITH!
Then I laughed at myself... thinking of how I sometimes feel as a Mom, Wife and a Woman. Some of the titles I felt I could have were ....
Barely hanging on Mom,

Keeping my head above the water Mom,

keep moving ...keep moving Mom,


I can do this... I think I can MOM,

Don't look back just look forward Mom,










and Doing it my way the best I can MOM.

These titles seemed more fitting to me.

But I know.... I KNOW... there are other women out there who feel like I do. Even the ones who seem to have it together at some point feel or felt what I have. We are all the same really, just trying to do our best and the thing we need to remember is.....
OUR EFFORTS *no matter how much we feel inadequate or like its not enough* THEY DO COUNT! The Lord is thankful to us MOTHERS!
I know he is!

so I found this article,
“Because She Is a Mother” http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1997/04/because-she-is-a-mother?lang=eng by Jeffrey R Holland.... it says...."

If you try your best to be the best parent you can be, you will have done all that a human being can do and all that God expects you to do.


I know I am not all I want to be yet but that is the beauty of it all.... I am becoming just that... :) and what Heavenly Father wants me to be too! :) I just have to remember that!

No comments: