Friday, October 12, 2012

A Powerful Prayer

There is a scripture that I refer to often that is a prayer, it is powerful to me, it is beautiful and I find myself feeling every word very deeply by my soul. I not only feel this prayer and understand it great measure, I liken it to all that I am... from me to being a mother. *if that makes sense to you*
In 2 Nephi chapter 4 verses 28 -35.
28. Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
29. DO not anger because of mine enemies. Do not slacken my strength because of mine afflictions.
30. Rejoice, O my heart and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
31. O Lord, wilt thou redeem my soul? Wilt thou deliver me out of the hands of mine enemies? Wilt thou make me that I may shake at the appearance of sin?
32. May the gates of hell be shut continually before me, because that my heart is broken and my spirit is contrite! O Lord, wilt thou not shut the gate of thy righteousness before me, that I may walk in the paths of the low valley, that I may be strict in the plain road!
33. O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy righteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine enemies! Will thou make my path straight before me ! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way - but that thou wouldest clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of my enemies.
34. O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.
35.Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; There fore I will lift up my voice unto thee; Yea, I will cry unto thee, my God the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine ever lasting God. AMEN.

That scriptural reference in the Book Of Mormon, just touches my soul. I feel every word of that. I can say that prayer for myself, for my parents, my husband, my children and even my friends and I can liken it unto me and all that I am or someone I love... is going through.

It is beautiful. I find great comfort in these words that were prayed for so long ago and that I find myself praying for today in these latter days. I know that Heavenly Father wants us to specifically ask for such blessings. He wants us and needs us to desire such things in our lives, in order for us receive all the blessings he has in store for us. I felt strongly that I should
post about it. I am so thankful for the scriptures and the guidance that it gives me in my life. I am thankful for the spirit I feel every time I read my scriptures and the closeness I feel to my Heavenly Father.

May we all be praying for this kind of spiritual protection and guidance/blessings in our lives.

No comments: