Friday, October 12, 2012

Butterlie, Unicorn and Fairies...

Butterflies.....

Fairies.....

& Unicorns..... OH MY!
Yes this is a silly start to my post.:) But this is me! I try to keep things light and fluffy in life. I try to cheer up my friends and family with silly things and images that only brings smiles. My life has had plenty of serious moments and hardships, but who wants to be stuck there emotionally? Not me :)

Today at church I was reminded so spiritually that not everything is butterflies, unicorns, and fairies in life and that IS ok. A new sister got up and shared her testimony about her life struggles. One she deals with is having very painful headaches, so painful that she would rather give birth naturally than to suffer this pain. But she called this pain a reminder of her blessings. She stood and shared many personal things that touched me, but when she talked about her trials and of the pain she goes through, that it humbles her and she feels it has brought her closer to God, that brought tears to my eyes. I was so impressed with her testimony. How she has this life long trial that will never go away and her attitude of gratitude was powerful. I am thankful for her great example of how to be thankful, positive, so full of Gods countenance, and humble. I am sure its not been easy for her but I am thankful for her spiritual strength. She makes me be even more thankful for my own life's blessings. Another thing she shared, that I want to remember... was, " your either fasting or your starving. You are either doing the motions of a fast or you are fully invested and your scriptures are your meat and potatoes. They fill you and feed you." I loved that! I know that really has nothing to do with the topic of a fluffy life but I don't want to forget that one.

Back to my original thought.... butterflies, unicorns and fairies.... it would be so nice to have the easy life.... "or so we think" where everyone was happy and life is sweet in every way imaginable. But I know that this life is not meant to be full of happiness all the time. If we do not know the bitter we will never appreciate the sweet. If we do not know how far we can be pushed or tested we will never realize our strength. If we do not know the horrible hatred things of the world, then we would not fully appreciate the love and peace that we do have. This life is for experience, growth and learning. The life after this is our reward if we but endure this life well. I feel that this one sister who shared her testimony is enduring well. I am so thankful for her and her strength. Especially her example and her testimony. When life gets hard..... find your unicorns, butterflies and fairies... count your blessings and know that this too shall pass. That what we are given is to better us, for our own good, even if it doesn't make sense to us. That God really does have the upper hand and has you and I in mind at all times. We are never alone. He is with us an his loving angels too. I testify to that. In the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior ... Amen.

No comments: