Friday, October 12, 2012

A Interesting Day...

Yesterday turned out to be very interesting. What a day! It started Monday night. At my second daughters Honor Chord Ceremony.




I was so proud of her. She is graduating in the TOP 10 % of her class. Her being #5!!! :) I am just floored at my children's intelligence and drive!
Anyhow... I am so excited and being the PROUD MOMMA I AM, I send out this huge group text to many close friends and ONE UNCLE.

Everyone writes back congrats and their wonderful comments of love and support except my Uncle. Which I didn't think anything of till the next day when I get this text....
it said, "If you text back OK or THANKS and make me look at my phone again I'll kill you in your sleep."
That text was followed by this text, " So your kids are smart. Big deal. I hope you trip and scrape your knee."

So for the first moment after receiving these I was like..hmmm... I must of forgot the time difference and sent him the group text too late. He lives in Maryland... 2 hour time difference. So I reply to him saying I am sorry I didn't realize what time it was when I sent out my message. Didn't think anything else of it after that... the second one is my Uncle. He is a joker. He was being silly with me. That is just how he says CONGRATS... We have an interesting relationship.

So I jump on face book to find that one of my friends *that was on that group text message I sent out * had posted something that said, " SINCE WHEN DID SPAM TEXTING BECOME OK? Especially in such serious light?" (disclaimer, she said something like that can't remember her exact words)
All these people had told her to call the police and report it.
WAIT! It gets better..... So I have blonde want to be moments and YES FOR A SECOND I HAD ONE! I post and say... "WOW I got the same text but had no idea it was spam, I thought it was my Uncle."
SECONDS LATER... my phone rings... it was this friend. She asked if my Uncles number was yada yada... and I reply Yes... she takes the post down from face book and was upset over it. Not just because of what was said but that he said it to me. (I have the worlds best friends!) So I explain to her he is just old and its his way of joking. She said she texted him and got back that it was meant for his DAUGHTER? *the first one about killing*
I then realized that he hit REPLY ALL to my text and that EVERYONE OF MY FRIENDS GOT THAT MESSAGE!!!!!! YIKES!
I immediately text everyone to ignore that message it was my OLD Uncle who doesn't get texting and he has a silly personality. That it was all a joke.

Well... I guess he got several EAR FULLS by the end of the day.
To make things even funnier... my friend from Jersey didn't see my text. She sees his first text about killing you in your sleep and she CALLS HIM!
She asks, " WHO IS THIS????????" he replies... She is stunned because his last name is my maiden name and for second she was confused... she then lays into him! This is what she said...
" HOW DARE YOU TEXT ME SUCH A THREAT! I AM CONSIDERING CALLING THE POLICE ON YOU!!!!!!" His response: " MA'AM, I am so so sorry. I don't know how but so many people got that text and it was meant for my daughter."
My friend's response, " YOUR DAUGHTER? YOU TALK TO YOUR DAUGHTER LIKE THAT? WOW! Well I WILL LET THIS GO IF YOU PROMISE TO NEVER TEXT ME AGAIN!"
His response, "I won't I promise, I am going to call Verizon as soon as we get off the phone to figure this out. I am so sorry."
My friend, " WELL THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON TO YOU! YOU SHOULD NEVER TALK TO ANYONE, ESPECIALLY YOUR DAUGHTER LIKE THAT!"
the conversation ends... then she sees the second text... freaks out.. .doesn't realize it was from my UNCLE and panics while running around....thinking...."WHO KNOWS MY KIDS ARE SMART?"
then sees my text... dies laughing almost wets herself from laughing so hard and calls me!

OH MY GOSH! I haven't laughed so hard in my life. I needed that! I feel bad for my Uncle. He is a great guy. I really do love him! He is my very favorite Uncle in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! His corky little personality always makes me smile and yesterday it gave me a great laugh and several friends a heart attack!
WHAT A DAY!

No comments: