Friday, October 19, 2012

Service 8 & 9

   So it took me the full five days to put together a sunshine box for each person.  I sent them today. So next week 4 people who did not live close will be *hopefully* pleasantly surprised. :) I hope... I really put a lot of thought and time into each. :)  Those people are very special people indeed!

 Today was service act 8 & 9.... I gave 4 pumpkins to a family who needed them and two to another family with produce. :)  They sent me pictures of the their little children after cleaning and carving them. :) With great big smiles on their faces. 

I have been working on 32 more service acts of kindness. I bought PAYDAY candy bars and printed off cards that say, Thank YOU for working so hard and doing such a great job... you deserve an extra
PAYDAY :)   I am delivering it to my children's school in a week

Now i know that is way over 41 acts of kindness and service, but I will do it until I feel I am done. I am really enjoying it. It gives me something to feel good about and look forward to doing. Who knows, maybe it will become apart of me.

I still want to make some bread and baked goods for neighbors and friends. I want to drop off another pumpkin meal to a friend, I want to babysit for someone who needs a serious break from their kids.  I am hoping to get my family involved in raking someones yard and I want to ask a blind man that I know if I can write any letters for him that he can't or help him in some way :)  

This is so far... .will report in as I get more done :) I feel better about myself. I feel self LESS and I like this feeling of helping others :) It really can lift you when you feel overwhelmed or down in life :)

No comments: