Friday, October 12, 2012

Mind over Matter

I woke up this morning and found myself comforted by this song......
Where Can I Turn for Peace... Which is appropriate right now for me. I have some things going on in my life that I am not going to share at this moment, because I am still trying to figure them all out.

Satan sure knows me.... he knows how to play my thoughts... I have heard that we are our own worst enemy. Meaning, I am my worst enemy and you are yours. We say things to ourselves, that hopefully no one has ever said to our face or thought about us. I have found my thoughts running rampid since I have so much on my mind lately... some of them are really not good for me.

That is when I found myself praying, or talking to God. And this song came into my head.... the words brought me comfort.

Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace? When other sources cease to make me whole? When with a wounded heart, anger or malice, I draw myself apart, searching my soul?

Where. when my aching grows, Where, when I languish, Where, in my need to know, where can I run? Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand? He, only ONE.
He answers privately, Reaches my reaching, In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love without end.

I love music. It always lifts me and touches me. I wish I had the gift to write such a beautiful song. I am so thankful that someone did!

We taught our children last night at family home evening, through a story in the Friend Magazine, that if you hear someone saying bad words, sing a song in your head from church. I think its great that I found that same thought pattern when I found myself talking negatively to myself. It started out as me venting to the Lord, telling him all my worries and upsets.... which then turned into self inflicting thoughts of turmoil.... then the words of this song, swooped in my mind and it all went away. I felt peace... I felt comfort, I felt loved and well again.



Mind over matter is a lot of it I guess. With any situation we all have a certain amount we can contribute and control. I took that control and gave it all to the Lord. I think I might have to try singing lyrics of church hymns more often. I might find my thoughts and spirits are lifted more :)

No comments: