Friday, November 2, 2012

It's my birthday.....

 All week I have been down, just thinking I am going to be 41 ... TODAY.  I went to bed sad just thinking about it. I said a sincere prayer last night that I could find joy and peace today,  which I woke up to just that. I had a happy heart.  I truly felt HAPPINESS inside my heart.  My daughter last night asked what she could make me for breakfast in bed. I told her not to worry. She has school and she has to get up so early every morning as it is. I also can't eat right away because of my skin condition, which I have to take a pill every day, wait a half hour and then eat.   She wanted to do that for me even though it meant getting up earlier than normal. That meant a lot to me. 

I woke up to a love letter on my mirror from my husband. He works so hard.  Long hours daily and is up and gone before everyone else and home almost before their bed time. He felt bad that he hadn't taken the day off or had time to get me a gift. *but in his defense, I told him I didn't really want one* I had spent enough money doing service projects that really made me happy, so that was enough.

 I have had a relaxing morning :)  Watching movies... WHICH I LOVE TO DO!!!! and spending time with Ellie. *the only child home from school still*  I went and got Kalene, Ellie and I lunch from Blimpie.. one of my favorite places to eat and it doesn't ever make me gain weight to eat ;)  Then I ran to Costco to get tonight's dinner.. SHRIMP cooked in Coconut oil and Salad :)  

I am excited to have a yummy family dinner and then off the movies we will go. A new movie called "Wreck-It Ralph" is playing :) The kids really want to see it and for us to go the movies is hard with so many of us. So we are doing it as a family to celebrate my birthday.  When we get home we will have my favorite ICE CREAM CAKE FROM DAIRY QUEEN! I have to have a very thin slice of it. I have lost 14 pounds and I don't want to gain any of it back. I am down a whole pant size and I want to be down even more before my first grand baby is born.

I have been working out at the YMCA and it feels so good to work out. I love swimming! The water is so freeing to me. I love the sound underneath... so peaceful to me... blocks out all the noise of the world. Its my time to meditate....

I have been thinking of all that has happened.... in my life and up to this point. How many blessings I have and how thankful I am. How my life has been blessed. I have been thinking of my future... what is in store... what I want to do.... where I want to be 10 years from now * if Christ doesn't come by then*  

I have evaluated my life a lot lately. Its difficult being a mother of small children, teen children and adult children. I am literally going in so many directions.  But at the same time, I love it. I am busy. I have the best of all worlds and stages in life that life has to offer! :)  My life is full! ;) how many people can say their life is full?  Or... how many people realize all their blessings and are grateful for them?

I am right where I want to be.... :) Literally! ;)   It doesn't get any better than this and if it does I am so excited! 

When I reach my goal weight I am going to go shopping and get a whole new look.  Classy and stylish. I have several friends who have amazing taste in clothing and style. They will be recruited! :)  I will be a Guinea pig :) SO EXCITING!  I can't wait to say I have lost 50 pounds... or I am 2 more pant sizes down :)   I will look so much better, feel better and I will look different :) Which is all good!

A new year is around the corner.  I wonder what it has in store for me, for my family, for my children and grandchildren to come :)   I hope to do more service and to continue to work towards being what the Lord wants of me.

No comments: