Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is always a day where I take a break..... Which I am sure most Moms don't.  But I do. I expect a day where Dad does it all. I want a day off.... no making decisions, no taking over, no dinner to make....
I expect breakfast served to me.... and Dinner.   I hope that I get cards *handmade ones are great* and I hope that they will show me they love me by doing something I love, brush my hair, rub lotion on me. :)  The two things I really enjoy that doesn't cost a dime :) Just a little time :)

Yesterday was a good Mother's Day. I got flowers *white Roses* I got cards *3, ONE HUGE ONE from Virginia and Ryan, One from my honey and one from the kids* I got good and plenty *one of my favorite candies* and I got my own soda * I am kinda a fan of Coke*     The kids took turns thru out the day to brush my hair... and sit next to me and cuddle. I just watched what I wanted on t.v. and took it easy.  I wasn't well yesterday... so they went to church without me. I will say.... IT WAS NICE TO HEAR QUIET FOR SO LONG :) 3 HOURS OF QUIET!  I heard many of my own thoughts *that doesn't happen often enough*  It was nice....

As I had time to myself I saw that my house is yet again... out of order. We have too much clutter, too many things. I am going to get rid of stuff. I am done holding on to stuff because someone gave it to me or it was passed down. It is time to have less, because to me... LESS IS MORE! Less to clean and less to make a mess :)

Yesterday Todd wrote me a text saying he feels like something is gonna happen with us... he doesn't know what... change of some sort. I have felt this since we went to Rexburg. I think we will be let go from his job and have to start over. It seems like everyone our age that we know is doing that, I guess I feel like we are suppose to get caught up on that wagon too. He isn't happy with his job and to me... that isn't ok.  I want him to have a job where he is happy and even home more :)

 I would love land... where my kids could run and explore and do.... work even.

Anyhow... yesterday I had all sorts of time to dream and think. It was really so nice. 

When your so busy, as we have been, so caught up in doing and going all the time... it really helps to have a moment of silence... to think and to ponder things... how things are going and what is going on. What should be changed and what can be better.  I love these moments of clarity.  How can we get so caught up so easily? Loose track of what really matters? Which is what we are doing all the time.... running and going and doing all the time..its for what matters most, our children but I think we are loosing sight of really important things... or they are getting put on the side lines. I don't want to just run and go ... I want to enjoy the journey. This is difficult with so many children.

My husband was talking about things he did as a child and why are we not doing that with our children this morning. I reminded him... there was a total fo 4 in his family.. .there are a total of 13 right now with ours. That is like having a party every night. Crazy!

 Ryan made dinner, the kids and hubby did dishes :) It was just a great night :) Hubby put the kids down to bed for me :)    I finished watching Blast from the past and enjoyed the night :)   I went to bed and it really was a nice day... and night just relaxing.... SO SO SO NICE! 

But today...its back to being MOM..... and doing it all again... trying to find new ways to fix this or that and to make our lives even better :) So here I go :) I am thankful for my family... For the love they show me, for the respect and honor they show me... for how they take care of me and make me feel special :) I am so blessed!



No comments: