Monday, May 12, 2014

A tragic Loss

 My daughter is dating someone very special for a good while now... I can see them lasting and getting married when he returns from his mission and his Mother and sister died in a horrible house fire. My heart is broken for this family..... my Daughter has been a mess all weekend.... I am lost as a MOTHER to how to comfort this special boy in our life......  He graduates next year. It was Mothers Day weekend and his mom died 2 days before. Its his mothers birthday the day of the funeral... so many hard 1st go thru.....   

You would think with all the death in my life, I would know how to comfort someone.  I have had many children in my life who have lost their mother...... and it was easier when the children were little... he is almost a man.... I can't just cuddle him and hold him and tell him he will be ok....

My heart is aching for them all... and watching my daughter is hard... I am trying to give her strength and comfort but feel like nothing I say is working....

Life is hard..... I don't understand all the workings of the Lord.... I have to have faith he knows what is best.... 

I pray our family never suffers such tragic events....even though I have already lost so many.....

1 comment:

Annie said...

Just be there for him. Listen. Apart from practical things - like food and funds for expenses (I cannot say how much that comforted me...just the relief from the worry), the kindest thing people did was listen. It is terrifying. House fires seem so rare these days, thank heaven. What a terrible thing to happen.