Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Becoming a Gandma

 Today I became a Grandma and my husband became a Grandpa... We are going to be called Grammy K and Poppy. :)  What a day.... 2 weeks of contractions on and off.. and she finally went in on the 11 th at 2 in the morning.  She  her water was broken at 7 and she was  given an epidural at 10 and had the baby at 1:59 in the afternoon... pushing only for a half hour.

It was amazing. I can't wait to get home and download all the videos and pictures we took of this beautiful and adorable baby.  She is my name sake. Zoey Karine :) She weighted 7'14 and 19 inches long.

She has hair... wavy curly hair and its reddish :) strawberry blond. Just beautiful and it was the first thing we saw as she was crowning :)

All day I was emotional.  It is so different to watch your children give birth.  To see them hurt... it is really hard.  Then also the reality of mortal slaps you in the face and you realize you are going to be doing new territory... BECOMING A GRANDPARENT and a new phase in your life... CRAZY!!!   And to be honest scary...because .. life went so fast by as a parent.... and now a grandparent... soon I will be in a hospital wearing diapers and forgetting who I am.... not a pleasant thought...

So I have to just stop thinking like that and start enjoying the now... be excited about all the new little adventures that are going to be happening. All the cuddles and hugs....kisses and I love yous.... so neat to think I get that.

 I want to add that there is something very beautiful about watching a child come into this world. I really believe its when Heaven meets up on earth.... the veil can be thin to those with the gift and I believe that many angels attend.... the glorious day of a another child gaining a body and entering into the world :)    Like the help cross them over and watch as the child draws in that first breath of air.... claiming mortality and their beautiful blessed body they were given for this life here on earth.  
Today I felt such things or maybe I imagined it...either way... It comforted me to think that my Father, sister, brother, grandparents and many others that are in heaven... were there. :) The room FELT FULL.

I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for the safe arrival of our beautiful Zoey and for blessing Virginia with strength to endure this crown of motherhood.  All is well...

1 comment:

Elena said...

You must be so happy! Congratulations! Such a blessed family!